TLC Pet Pro Program Terms of Agreement
TLC Pet Food (“we,” “us” the “Company”, “our”, “TLC”) offers qualified pet professionals and other organizations the opportunity to earn rewards and receive bulk order discounts when they “feed TLC Pet Food” exclusively and refer TLC to their network of pet owners. Your participation in the TLC Pet Pro Program (“TLC Pet Pro Program” or “Program”) can earn you Points to use toward the purchase of TLC Pet Food products, and may also get you additional “Bonus” rewards or “Rebates”, also in the form of Points. We reserve the right to terminate the Program at any time for any reason. The Program is administered by TLC, which may outsource certain elements of administration to third parties (collectively “Administrator”).
It is the responsibility of each TLC Pet Pro to read, understand, adhere to, and ensure that he or she is aware of and operating under the most current version of these terms.
No part of the program is directed to persons under the age of 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, YOU MAY NOT USE, ACCESS OR PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
A) General Participation and Eligibility
This Program is void where such referral programs are prohibited. Users who refer retail customers to TLC Pet Food are “Referrers”; those who are referred are “Referred Customers.” Referrers may be eligible to receive “Points” for qualified referral purchases. Referrers must speak and read English, be legally able to participate in the Program, and must be 1) at least 18 years of age 2) have an existing, valid TLC Pet Pro account, and 3) are otherwise in good standing. When inquiring about the Program on behalf of a business entity or charitable organization, users must be authorized to do so on behalf of the entity. TLC reserves the right to reject an application to become a TLC Pet Pro.
B) Application and Acceptance to the Program
Participants are accepted when applications are submitted through online form submission, communication over the phone, by email, or by text or messaging; or are acquired through TLC’s regular sales acquisition practices. Applicants may begin as Pet Pro “Prospects”. Prospect accounts have not been approved and are not eligible for purchase or participation in the Program. Upon review, a Prospect account may be approved and will be converted by a TLC representative to one of the following subcategories”, 1)”Breeder”, 2) “Veterinarian”, 3)”Rescue” or 4) “Partner”.
C) “Feed and Recommend”
To participate in the Program as a Breeder, participants must exclusively “Feed” and “Recommend” TLC Pet Food, where Feed means participants are actively purchasing TLC Pet Food products in bulk for the purpose of feeding the animals in their care and Recommend means they are continuing to grow a referral list. Failure to do so may result in the deactivation of a Pet Pro account and loss of all rewards, and/or the conversion to another subcategory.
To participate in the Program as a Veterinarian, participants must be actively recommending TLC Pet Food, where Recommend means actively growing their referral list. Failure to do so may result in the deactivation of a Pet Pro account and loss of all rewards, and/or the conversion to another subcategory.
To participate in the Program as a Rescue, participants must be actively recommending TLC Pet Food, where Recommend means they are continuing to grow a referral list. Failure to do so may result in the deactivation of a Pet Pro account and loss of all rewards, and/or the conversion to another subcategory.
To participate in the Program as a Partner, participants must be actively recommending TLC Pet Food, where Recommend means they are continuing to grow a referral list. Failure to do so may result in the deactivation of a Pet Pro account and loss of all rewards, and/or the conversion to another subcategory.
D) Actions of Household Members or Individuals Affiliated with an Entity
If any member of a Pet Pro’s immediate household engages in any activity which
would violate any provision of the Agreement if performed by the Pet Pro, such
activity will be deemed a violation by the Pet Pro, and TLC may take
disciplinary action against that Pet Pro, including deactivating their account.
E) Benefits of Participation
All TLC Pet Pros will have direct contact with an assigned TLC Pet Pro Specialist or a Pet Pro Account Manager. Participants will have access to an exclusive website for the purpose of managing their Pet Pro account and monitoring their participation in the Program.
Participants may be eligible to receive a bulk order discount of 25% per item on all qualified personal purchases greater than 5 units up to a maximum of 35%. Orders less than 5 units may be eligible for a discount of 10% per item.
Participants may receive rewards in the form of points for qualified referral purchases. Points awarded are based on the Points and Rewards schedule detailed below. All qualified Pet Pros are eligible to receive Level 1 rewards. Breeders, Veterinarians, and Rescues are eligible to receive Level Two and Three BONUS Rewards when monthly sales volume thresholds have been met and Pet Pro Partners are only eligible to receive Level One Rewards.
The dollar value assigned to points are 10 points = $1 CAD and 10 points = $1 USD.
Sales volume thresholds must be met between the first of the month and the last day of the month. Bonus rewards are awarded on the first of the month for the previous month.
BONUS rewards include additional points earned on qualified referral purchases as indicated in the Points and Rewards Schedule, as well as Bonus rewards for qualified personal purchases considered a “Rebate”.
Points expire 12 months from the date they are awarded to the Pet Pro. Unredeemed points will not be reinstated for any reason.
Schedule A. Points and Rewards
*Personal purchases where a discount of greater than 25% was applied at the time the order was paid and shipped may be excluded from receiving additional BONUS rewards in the form of a rebate.
Rewards must be redeemed against personal TLC purchases unless otherwise indicated by your Agreement with TLC.
F) Qualified Referrals and Referral Purchases
Qualified Referral Purchases means that the following conditions have been met:
- A qualified referral means that a qualified Retail Contact or Customer account has been created after visiting the Pet Pro’s unique Pet Pro URL or a qualified Pet Pro coupon has been applied to an order linking the customer’s account to that Pet Pro or the link between the customer’s account has been manually made upon review by a TLC Pet Service Team member.
- A qualified purchase has been made by a referral through the TLC retail website or through a TLC Pet Service Team member on their behalf. Qualified purchases are paid in full, do not include any promotion that excludes the purchase from triggering rewards, the order has been shipped and not canceled or refunded.
- The referral does not belong to another participating Pet Pro.
- The item purchased by the referral is part of the qualified TLC products.
- The referral is a Retail Customer or Contact and not a Pet Pro or Paw Partner.
G) Qualified Personal Purchases
Qualified personal purchases are made by qualified Pet Pros and have had the following conditions met:
- Purchase includes qualified TLC Pet Food products as indicated in the Points and Rewards Schedule.
- Quantities meet or exceed the 5 unit minimum.
- Discounts applied at purchase do not exceed the maximum set out in the Points and Rewards Schedule.
- The order has been paid in full, has shipped, and has not been canceled or returned.
H) BONUS Rewards
Bonus rewards are awarded on the first day of the month for the previous month’s referral purchases and personal purchases when the following conditions have been met:
- Qualified Pet Pros have reached Level 2 or 3 sales volume thresholds between the first and last day of the month as indicated in the Points and Rewards Schedule.
- Personal purchases have not exceeded the maximum bulk order discount of 30% for Level 2 or 35% for Level 3.
- Referral purchases are eligible and meet conditions laid out under “Qualified Referral Purchases”.
I) Verified Qualified Referrals and Purchases
Rewards are subject to verification. TLC may withhold, delay or reverse rewards for the purposes of investigation. TLC may also refuse to verify and process any transaction TLC deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or believes will impose potential liability on TLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents. All of TLC’s decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral, or Reward is verified.
J) Transfer and Value of Credit and Rewards
Rewards and referrals are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold. Upon termination of the referral program or any portion thereof for any reason, any unredeemed Rewards that have not yet been delivered to Referrer are forfeited. The agreement is made between TLC and the business or individual and participation in the Program may not be transferred to another business or individual without expressed consent, including if a business owner is retiring or selling the business.
Referrers may participate in the Program made available by TLC in order to refer their network of friends, family, buyers, etc.,. To do this, Referrers must necessarily submit personal information about themselves and their business, such as name, e-mail address information, Company name and details, etc., They may also enter information about prospective referrals (“New Pet Parents” or “Contacts”) into the Pet Manager System so that TLC can send communications to them on the Referrers’ behalf. The personal information will be collected, processed and used in accordance with TLC’s Privacy Statement, which can be found at tlcpetfood.com/privacy. Referrers understand that, in addition to the initial communications to prospective referrals, TLC may also use the personal information to send additional follow-up communications on behalf of the Referrers in order to encourage or remind them to complete a purchase. The personal information may also be used by TLC to contact Referrers with regards to their participation in the Program and to send to Referrers additional communications from TLC.
- CONTENT OWNERSHIP AND USE
A) TLC’s online platform and the Program contain content that includes: designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files, computer code, and other content (collectively, “Content”). As between Referrer and TLC, all Content is the property of TLC or its licensors and is protected under copyright, trademark, and other laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Content on TLC’s online platform or the Program is the exclusive property of TLC and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws.
B) License to You
TLC authorizes you, subject to these terms, to access and use TLC’s online platform, the Program, and the Content solely for your participation in the Program. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and applicable communications regulations and statutes and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of it.
The registered or unregistered logos, product and service names contained in TLC’s online platform or the Program are or may be trademarks of TLC or its licensors. Without TLC’s prior written permission, and except as solely enabled through participation in the Program and through access provided by TLC, you agree not to display or use in any manner logos, product and service names representing TLC.
D) User-Submitted Content
- By participating in the Program, Referrers agree to:
- Defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless TLC, its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Program (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to Referrers’ participation in the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of the Program or any Reward); and
- TLC shall not be liable for:
- Late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission;
- Telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors;
- Data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials;
- Any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any websites or materials associated with the referral program; or
- Claims, demands, and damages in disputes among Referrers or between Referrers and Friends; or
- Any other injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a reward, or from participation in the Program, that were not reasonably foreseeable to TLC at the relevant time.
- TLC disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Program should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond TLC’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Program.
- TLC shall not be liable to any Referrer for failure to supply any Reward or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the released parties’ control.
- TLC reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Program should TLC determine, in its sole discretion, that canceling the Program is in the best interest of the Company or for any other reason it deems appropriate. TLC may deactivate a Pet Pro account or convert an account to another program for any reason at any time and based on its sole discretion.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
REFERRERS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK; THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND TLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, “PROMISES”) OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON INFRINGEMENT; (B) TLC MAKES AND GIVES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, (ii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
- REFERRERS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TLC (INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ASSISTING IN PROVIDING THE PROGRAM) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF TLC WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE PROGRAM; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PROGRAM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, TLC’S (INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS) MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), SHALL NOT EXCEED $100 USD.
- REFERRERS SHOULD USE THE PROGRAM AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Program after the occurrence of Prohibited Conduct (as defined below), TLC reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend the Program and/or to deactivate the account of any Pet Pro.
- Prohibited Conduct
Referrers agree not to use the Program to:
- Violate applicable law;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of TLC or any third parties;
- Stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- Collect or store personal data about other Referrers;
- Impersonate any person or otherwise misrepresent Referrer’s identity;
- Interfere with, disrupt or violate the Terms and Conditions or servers or networks connected to the Program; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such networks;
- Interfere with another Referrer’s use of the Program;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Program, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Program;
- Transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, trojan horses, or any other contaminating or destructive features;
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of others;
- Resell, barter, trade, auction or otherwise generate income by providing access to the Program to others.
- Disclose sensitive or proprietary information pertaining to your participation in the Program to any competitor of TLC Pet Food.
- Bulk Distribution (“Spam”)
- If a Referrer provides a unique Pet Pro URL (tlcpetfood.com/nutrition/[petprocompanyname] to an audience, the communication must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues, family members and buyers.
- Bulk referrals, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of a Program in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam” in TLC’s sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Referrer’s participation in the Program. TLC has a no-tolerance spam policy. This includes but is not limited to uploading a Pet Pro URL to a discount or coupon website.
- TLC has no obligation to monitor the content provided by Referrers; however, TLC may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program.
- While TLC is the actual sender of the referral email, each Referrer must nonetheless comply with applicable law. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including antispam laws, are obligated to indemnify TLC and all of the Released Parties against any liabilities, costs and expenses incurred as a results of such violation.
- Fraudulent and Suspicious Behavior
- TLC may prohibit a Referrer from participating in the Program or receiving a Credit or Reward, in TLC’s sole discretion, if TLC determines that such Referrer is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity or legitimate operation of the Program in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Referrers or any representatives of TLC.
- Use of any affiliate website, affiliate network properties, automated systems, script, or macro to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Referrers may not enter with multiple or fake emails addresses or accounts, use fictitious identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate in the Program or receive a Reward.
- TLC reserves the right to disqualify any Referrer and/or cancel any Reward(s) if TLC finds a Referrer to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or violating these Terms and Conditions in any way.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- SUGGESTIONS AND SUBMISSIONS.
- TLC appreciates hearing from users and welcomes your comments regarding the Program. Please be advised, however, that TLC does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials (“Creative Ideas”) other than those which we have specifically requested. While TLC values your feedback on the program, please be specific in your comments and do not submit Creative Ideas. If, despite this request, you send TLC Creative Ideas, TLC:
- Shall own, exclusively, all now known or later discovered rights to the Creative Ideas;
- Shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Creative Ideas; and
- Shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Creative Ideas for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
- APPLICABLE LAW; ARBITRATION; CLASS WAIVER; AND WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL.
- Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Program or any Reward or other prize awarded pursuant to the Program or to this agreement shall be resolved under New York law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles).
- Referrers and TLC agree to submit to the personal and exclusive arbitration of any disputes relating to the use of TLC’s online platform or the Program under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration, to the extent necessary, shall be conducted within the state of New York. Referrers covenant not to sue or otherwise bring a claim against TLC in any other forum.
- Referrers also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with the Released Parties arising out of or relating to Referrers’ use of the Program or this agreement:
REFERRERS ARE GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; and
REFERRERS ARE GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
- GENERAL TERMS.
- These terms constitute the entire agreement between Referrers and TLC concerning Referrers’ use of the Program. The failure of TLC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, TLC and Referrers nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intentions reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these terms shall remain in full force and effect. The section titles in these terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. A person who is not a party to these terms shall have no right to enforce or receive the benefit of any of these terms.